The mission of the UTSA College of Business Advisory Council is to assist the Dean, faculty, and staff in raising the academic profile of UTSA's College of Business to become one of the nation's best business schools recognized for developing knowledge for a new world and for producing the new paradigm's transformational leaders. The Advisory Council will achieve its mission through a membership of diverse individuals whose stature and community leadership bring recognition to the college, and who:
- Engage in, assist, and support the college's fundraising efforts;
- Consult with and advise the Dean, faculty and staff of the college on curricula and programs, career planning and placement of students, alumni engagement, external affairs and other important issues affecting the future of the college;
- Offer insights to the Dean, faculty and staff on how the college can enhance the impact and reputation of its programs locally, regionally, nationally and internationally; and
- Provide an additional avenue of direct liaison between faculty and the business community for the purpose of promoting understanding, cooperation, and mutual gain through such activities as consulting arrangements, involving faculty members in practical business problems, arranging for guest lecturers from industry, bringing students in direct contact with business executives and their ideas, and offering students practical exposure to current business
Advisory Council Members
Cindy L. Jorgensen, EMBA ’00, Southwest Business Corporation
Denise E. Bendele, ’87, Padgett, Stratemann & Co., LLP
Ernest W. Bromley, ’78, MBA ’80, Bromley Communications
Dya C. Campos, EMBA '12, H-E-B
Ann Bohl Deacon, ’84, Deacon Recruiting & Deacon Professional Services
Walter D. Downing Jr., MBA ’86, Southwest Research Institute
Steve Edlund, Cadence Bank
Walter M. Embrey Jr., Embrey Partners Ltd.
Ronald W. Fielding, Common Sense Strategy, LLC
Patrick B. Frost, Frost Bank
Michael A. Garcia, ’85, Omni Hotels and Resorts
Tracy Jackson, '93, EMBA '12, Tesoro Corporation
Clayton E. Killinger, ’83, CST Brands, Inc.
Nancy Kudla, MBA '87, Kudla Foundation
Susan McGee, U.S. Global Investors, Inc.
Joe C. McKinney, Broadway Bank
Laura G. McNutt, MPA ’88, Weaver, LLP
William E. Morrow, '86, Quarri Technologies, Inc.
George S. Muller, MBA '76, C.H. Guenther & Son, Inc.
Patrick T. Mulva, MBA '75, Exxon Mobil Corporation
Karen O'Reilly-Smith, Citi
David E. Reynolds, Security Service Federal Credit Union
Marcelo P. Sanchez, Ahmsa International Inc.
Gary Simmons, EMBA '00, Valero Energy Corporation
Mike K. Sohn, International Bank of Commerce
Charles M. Wender, Charles Martin Wender Real Estate & Investments
Terry Witte, MBA '87, Wells Fargo Bank
Ex Officio Members
Paul C. Castella, EMBA ’05, Incyte Venture Partners; Center for Innovation and Technology Entrepreneurship Advisory Board
Joseph A. Hernandez, '93, Akin, Doherty, Klein & Feuge, P.C., Accounting Advisory Board
Michael A. Hogan, Hogan Real Estate Services; Real Estate Finance & Development Founders Council
* Appointed as ex officio member as Chair of advisory group in the College of Business